Could not load file or assembly 'GdPicture.NET'

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
robduff

Could not load file or assembly 'GdPicture.NET'

Post by robduff » Thu May 05, 2011 5:05 pm

After compiling and running my ASP.Net C sharp website successfully (.Net Framework v3.5) in the development environment (VS2008) I published it to our 64bit test environment - both dev and the test environment are on the same machine. However, when I try and bring up the website I receive the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'GdPicture.NET' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I read another post that I needed to add GdPicture.NET.barcode.1d.writer.dll to the bin folder, so I copied that file over as well. This caused the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'GdPicture.NET.barcode.1d.writer' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I need this site up and running as I have people waiting to test it, and they are being held up because of these errors. Any information that will help me resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Machine Info:
Windows 7 Enterprise
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B95 Processor 3.00 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.50 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System

----------------------------------------

This problem was solved by one of my associates by creating an Applications Pool that was 32-bit and copying GdPicture.NET.image.gdimgplug.dll to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsrv. Now we just need to figure out how to get the web application to run under SharePoint under a true 64 production machine. Basically, this was a IIS configuration issue.
Last edited by robduff on Thu May 05, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Could not load file or assembly 'GdPicture.NET'

Post by Loïc » Thu May 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi,

It is basically a 32bit/64bit conflict.

First I suggest to to read the reference guide at the section: "Differences Between 64-bit and 32-bit Releases"

Then, since your application is running of a 64-bit OS you have two choices:

- Target your app to x86 processors, and use GdPicture.NET 32-bit edition.
- Or target your app to x64 processors and use GdPicture.NET 64-bit.

Hope this helps,

Loïc

robduff

Re: Could not load file or assembly 'GdPicture.NET'

Post by robduff » Thu May 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. See my edit above for how a co-worker and I resolved this issue. Your response is too general and probably would not have helped me much, but a quick response is very much appreciated.