Update thumbnail after change to source document

Discussions about document viewing.
mp33487

Update thumbnail after change to source document

Post by mp33487 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:54 pm

I have a thumbnail control that I use to display pages from a document (jpgs that I created and load using the loadfromfile). If a user alters the original tiff, and the system updates the jpg, how do I tell the update the display for that specific thumbnail? I need to make sure it just updats, without refreshing the whole screen, etc.

Thanks,

MP

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Update thumbnail after change to source document

Post by Loïc » Wed May 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Hi,

We got the same problematic in an in-house application. What we done is to create an editable multipage tiff in memory, the call the RedrawItem with the good index.

Hope this helps !

Loïc

mp33487

Post by mp33487 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Is it possible to update that index then do a redraw? I'd like to maintain a page index = image index so they are in synch. If I add a new image to my image list then they are out of synch. I'm not sure if we can just do a replace for that single image in the image list and maintain the exact order of images stored in the image list.

mp33487

Post by mp33487 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:18 am

I found that using a listview, creating the thumbnail and setting the image in the image collection = to the new thumbnail did the trick. The listview displayed the newly created thumbnail upon the update to the collection.

ebbiTeam

Post by ebbiTeam » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:31 am

mp33487 wrote:I found that using a listview, creating the thumbnail and setting the image in the image collection = to the new thumbnail did the trick. The listview displayed the newly created thumbnail upon the update to the collection.
This is the same approach I'm using in our project.
Though as mentioned in another thread the performance for loading the thumbs is very poor.
Do you also have performance issues while using gd created thumbs in your listview?