Annotations save/load problem

Discussions about annotation support.
lordnedox

Annotations save/load problem

Post by lordnedox » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:39 am

Hi,
i apologize to bother you again but there's something wrong with the new annotation function.
I refer to "Free hand highlighter" and "Free hand draw" tools, the others look fine.

As I understand when saving (to xmp) the highlighted/drawn area you must convert it to a vector based line. That could be fine, but I would like to show to the user exactly what he's going to save (avoiding bad surprises when he re-opens the file).

So i use this piece of code (tried on GdPicture Annotation sample with the same results):

Code: Select all

//Load the file and register the listener
GdViewer1.DisplayFromFile(@"path to PDF file");
GdViewer1.AnnotationAddedByUser += new GdViewer.AnnotationAddedByUserEventHandler(GdViewer1_AnnotationAddedByUser);

Code: Select all

//On annotation added, store it to file and reload to show the effective result
void GdViewer1_AnnotationAddedByUser(int AnnotationIdx)
        {
            string path = @"c:\Temp\xxxx.xmp";
            if (File.Exists(path))
            {
                File.Delete(path);
            }
            if (GdViewer1.SaveAnnotationsToXMP(path) == GdPictureStatus.OK)
            {
                GdViewer1.LoadAnnotationsFromXMP(path);
                GdViewer1.Redraw();
            }
            else
            {
                MessageBox.Show("ERR");
            }
        }
The result for the mentioned tools is that the line is on a really different position than the original. The line is there, but it's about 5/10 centimeters below or on the right.

Using manual Save/Load file to XMP (using the menus in the sample) the result is similar but not same, the accuracy is better even still not perfect.

So the questions are:
- How can i achieve my task? Is there a workaround or another way to store the annotation in a different file format? I quite don't care the XMP format, as I would never export it.
- What makes it different to store and load on the same method, rather than using the menus?
- Can you confirm that "SaveAnnotationsToXMP" cannot overwrite an existing file? (I suppose so, as i get an error)

Thanks
Regards

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Annotations save/load problem

Post by Loïc » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:35 am

Hi,
i apologize to bother you again but there's something wrong with the new annotation function.
No problem, you are welcome to post any request or bug report here ;)

I just fixed the bug you encountered, so your snippet will work for the next medium release that we will publish this week.

For the SaveAnnotationsToXMP, I can confirm your remark. If the file already exists, it will not be overwritten.

let me know if you need other information.

Kind regards,

Loïc