Wang Annotations

Discussions about annotation support.
masteriou

Wang Annotations

Post by masteriou » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:56 pm

So! Here I am! I have paid a substantial amount of money to get the new version of PDPicture.NET. And now I'm somehow stuck!
I have to rewrite an application which is able to read WANG annotations and GdPicture can't read them. After searching this topic in the forum I found out that this is not supported by the toolkit (despite of the text on the website):
Image identification: obtain and write the EXIF tags, GPS tags, Extra tags, Thumbnail tags, IPTC tags, WANG annotations
So I bought an additional component from an other company which allows me to READ WANG-annotations so I would be able to read the annotations from a tiff-file, write them to a text-file, parse it and create the annotations via program (not interactive). But to my shock I just found out that this is also not possible:
Currently we support only user interactive adding mode.
This is getting cumbersome! I have a deadline and everytime I try to do things which were simple with the KodakImg-Toolkit (which is really old, the DevGuide is from 1998) it does not work with this supermodern .NET-toolkit of yours...

Is there anything I could to convert the old WANG-annotations and convert them to XMP?

Best regards

Michael Asteriou

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Wang Annotations

Post by Loïc » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:40 am

Hi,
I found out that this is not supported by the toolkit (despite of the text on the website):
This is supported. We provide support for read & write the WANG annotations tag itself, as explained on the website. What we do not support if the wang tag content parsing because we consider the scheme as poorly documented and obsolete.

Is there anything I could to convert the old WANG-annotations and convert them to XMP?
Not yet. We currently support interactive annotation adding only. We are now working to bring feature to add by code PDF annotation & XMP annotation. We should be ready within 2 and 4 weeks.

Kind regards,

Loïc

masteriou

Re: Wang Annotations

Post by masteriou » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Hi!

Thank you for the information, I will try to talk to my customer...

Best regards,
Michael