PDF Select and Copy text

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
kyosukec

PDF Select and Copy text

Post by kyosukec » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:14 pm

Dear Sir,

I have tried the latest GDPicture.Net which is great that it adds a lot of pdf handling. I would like to use it to develop a pdf reader, but i find that there is no method to select the text on the PDF just like a normal adobe reader in the Viewer. Is there any suggestion for this or improvement in the furture? I have tried using the PDFGetPageTextArea method, which is able to get the text in the area, but first, it is not so user friendly to select the area which the user does not know if that area is really a text in the PDF or not, and second, it is somewhat not so accurate to extract text from the location. I would like something like the adobe reader that when the mouse cursor is near a text in the PDF, it change to select mode and then the user can easily to select the text and copy it to clipboard for other operation. Many thanks

Also, one more point, i have tried the annotation sample, but when i added an annotation on a multiple page PDF, and when i print, all pages have the annotation on the first page...I think it should be a bug isn't it?

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: PDF Select and Copy text

Post by Loïc » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi,

We do not support text copy like in Adobe reader. This feature should be implemented in 2012.

For the annotation problem you are correct. This is a bug. It will be fixed for the next minor release.

Kind regards,

Loïc

pdftest

Re: PDF Select and Copy text

Post by pdftest » Wed May 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Based on our investigation (as part of our evaluation for buying this product), it looks like this feature has not been implemented yet in the current release. The current one is not user friendly, and this is very important for us. We are wondering if you allow a user to select a text by highlighting it (the way you select a text in the adobe reader). If not, we are wondering if this will be implemented as part of the next release.