Burning Annotations To a PDF

Discussions about annotation support.
SJackson

Burning Annotations To a PDF

Post by SJackson » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi,

I have added the GDProViewer to my .NET project and am able to view my PDFs and add annotations, edit annotations, save the annotations to XMP (actually I save the data to a stream and this is stored in a database field), I can load the annotations back and everyting is fine up until this point.

I have the requirement to export images from the system. If the image has annotations (unburned - retrieved from the database) then I need to ensure that the exported PDF contains the annotations / redactions burned into the PDF. Currently this is not happening for me.

The code I have is this

Code: Select all

If Me._viewer.GDProControl.GDProViewerControl.GetAnnotationCount() > 0 Then
                                'Burn into temp file
                                Me._viewer.GDProControl.GDProViewerControl.BurnAnnotationsToPage(True)
                                Me._viewer.GDProControl.GDProViewerControl.SaveDocumentToPDF(dialog.FileName)
                            End If
Where the dialog.FileName is the name of the file to be exported as entered into the SaveFileDialog window.

If I open the resulting exported PDF there are no annotations burned into the file. I guess I am doing this completely wrong. Can anyone point me in the correct direction please?

Forgot to mention the version (according to Control Panel Add Remove is 8.2)

Regards

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Burning Annotations To a PDF

Post by Loïc » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:27 pm

Hello,

We need more information:

- Could you provide a standalone application or a snippet that reproduces your problem ? (take care to remove license information)
- What is the returned value of the BurnAnnotationsToPage() & SaveDocumentToPDF() functions ?

Kind regards,

Loïc

SJackson

Post by SJackson » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The code I posted above is a snippet of the problem. I add my annotations, can see them on the screen. I then want to burn them to the image which I do with the above code.

The returned value of BurnAnnotationsToPage(True) is OK {0}
The returned value of SaveDocumentToPDF() and SaveDocumentToTIF() are both OK {0} but neither image when opened in their native viewer (Adobe X or Windows Image Viewer) contains the annotations.

Are there any other steps I need to do?

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi,

Please try with our latest version: https://www.gdpicture.com/download/downl ... urenet.php

It should work but if the problem still persists I need a standalone app that demonstrate the problem. I can't do anything with only one line of code.

Kind regards,

Loïc