Many JPGs to 1 PDF

Example requests & Code samples for GdPicture Toolkits.
agentbb007

Many JPGs to 1 PDF

Post by agentbb007 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:21 am

Thank you for the many great examples Loic they are very helpful. I have used GdPicture very successfully for deskewing JPGs now I must take these JPG files and combine them into 1 PDF file.

Is the best way to accomplish this by converting the JPG files into 1 multipage Tiff with JPG compression and then use your sample code "Convert Single And Multipage TIFF to PDF/A" to create the PDF file from this multipage Tiff?

Keep in mind these JPG files are quite large approximately 3 MB each and usually around 300 JPGs that must be combined into 1 PDF.

Thanks for the help, your toolkit is awesome!

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Many JPGs to 1 PDF

Post by Loïc » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Hello there,

I am sorry for the late reply, I did not see this topic.

The jpeg files are grayscale or color ?

In all case the fastest way is to use the GdPicturePDF class, but if you don't own a Plugin license you can still use GdPcitureImaging by the tiff->PDF trick.

Let me know if you need further info and sorry again for the delay :oops:

Kind regards,

Loïc

Note: And thank you for your comment!

agentbb007

Post by agentbb007 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:17 pm

No problem thank you for the reply Loic. The images are a mix of B&W, Grayscale and Color, but I have actually already fininshed the program using GdPicture.NET and GdPicture PDF Plugin.

If anyone is interested I used function oGdPictureImaging.SaveAsPDF() to convert each image to an individual PDF. I then looped through each PDF file and used the GdPicturePDF.ClonePage() function to combine each PDF into a single PDF file.

The program is working great and the toolkit was super easy to use, thank you for a great product!

Brandon

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Hello Brandon,

OK perfect. I'm glad this is working fine. Thank you very much for the return.

Kind regards,

Loïc