Scanning Issues

Discussions about TWAIN & WIA scanning in GdPicture.NET using GdPictureImaging.
rgoodson40

Scanning Issues

Post by rgoodson40 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:58 am

Hello. I have finished building in the scanning and I have just a few more touch ups before I purchase. Here are some functionality issues that I noticed while building in the scanning:

I am not able to get the following methods to return the correct values from the currently opened scanner:

1) TwainIsAutoSizeAvailable and TwainIsAutoSizeEnabled - Always return false even for my Epson GT-S80, which has auto size detection.

2) TwainGetPixelType, TwainGetResolution, TwainGetBrightness, TwainGetContrast - I can set the values through code and then retrieve them correctly, however if I change the values through the Twain Setup Dialog for both my Epson and Xerox scanners, I am not able to retreive the new values. The mentioned methods still return the old values.

3) WiaGetImageIntent - Same issue as above. I can set the value fine through code and then retrieve the same value, however if I change the picture type to black & white, grayscale, or color, the value within WIAGetImageIntent doesn't change. All other WIA Get methods appear to work correctly, at least the ones that I am using.

I am not able to get the following methods to set the values correctly on the currently opened scanner:

1) TwainSelectFeeder - On my Xerox DocuMate 510 (my Epson doesn't have a flatbed), this method doesn't turn off the feeder. I can call TwainSelectFeeder(False), TwainSetAutoFeed(False), and TwainSetAutoScan(False) and it still scans from the feeder instead of the flatbed. By the way, all of these methods return true. I can also call the method TwainIsFeederSelected and it returns False, however the scan still comes through the feeder instead of the flatbed.

By the way, the WIASelectFeeder(False) method works fine for the same scanner and causes the scanner to pull from the flatbed.

Also, one question that I have is why is there not a WIAIsAutoSizeAvailable method? Is auto-size not possibile with WIA drivers?

These are the only outstanding issues that I have. None of them are too big of a deal, however if you could help with any of them that would be great.

Thanks,
Reagan

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Scanning Issues

Post by Loïc » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:55 pm

Hello Reagan,

Please create one thread per issue. Also for each thread, we need more information to investigate. The following link explain all the stuff: viewtopic.php?t=1486

Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind regards,

Loïc