Black Background Across PDFs Made in Ver 5

Discussions about image processing and document imaging.
stevieorg

Black Background Across PDFs Made in Ver 5

Post by stevieorg » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:45 am

I have an MS Access application that uses GDPicture Ver 5 that has worked fine for years on many clients running XP and Windows 7. We have a client who had everything working fine in XP but has recently upgraded their PC to Windows 7. When they run a part of the code now that uses GDPicture to overlay text on a PDF template to generate a new PDF, the resulting PDF's background is black and the text is white (almost like a film negative). I saw this once or twice in the past and simply reinstalled the SDK and it worked fine but this doesn't seem to be working this time.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing the problem on this machine or ideas on what we can try to fix it?
Could it be a graphics driver?

Thanks

-Stephen
Stephen@kisconetworks.com

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Black Background Across PDFs Made in Ver 5

Post by Loïc » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Hello Stephen.

Please check you are using the latest version of your SDK. If the problem persists, please provide a code snippet to reproduce it and I will provide a solution to get the problem away.

Kind regards,

Loïc

stevieorg

Post by stevieorg » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:46 am

Hi Loïc. I have a feeling my version may be out of date. Can you please reply back with a link to the latest release of version 5 as I don't see it available on the website anymore. I doubt it's a code issue on my side or an API issue for you to fix as it runs on many other PCs without a problem. I think we just need to reinstall with the latest.

In general I have always found your product to be stable and now that 5 is being phased out, we'll most likely begin a path to convert to the .net version.

Thanks for all of your help and support.

-Stephen

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Hello Stephen,

Sorry for the delay. Here the link: https://www.gdpicture.com/download/legacy/v5/

Hope this will fix your issue.

Kind regards,

Loïc

stevieorg

Post by stevieorg » Thu May 03, 2012 1:13 am

That worked great. Thanks again.