Saving Image

Discussions about image processing and document imaging.
ahmad1987

Saving Image

Post by ahmad1987 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi,

I have the following case, i load a tiff image as a byte array then i use GdPictureImaging.CreateGdPictureImageFromByteArray
to create the image and then load it to a gdViewer object, the tiff file is a multi-pages tiff file.
now when i want to save the file using either saveAsByteArray() and then save it using File and Memory stream to a physical locations or when i save it using saveAsTiff(), only the current page is saved, while my requirement is to save all pages,

what i also found out that if i load the image as mentioned above then say rotate it, and trying to save, it will save the current Image also and not modified version of it., i attached my code sample using gdPicture9
Attachments
gdViewer2.zip
(786.32 KiB) Downloaded 445 times

rattunnel

Re: Saving Image

Post by rattunnel » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:48 pm

I am having similar issues. image is ok in memory but fails to save additional pages when writing to the image using the saveimage function. See sulfaroj post. Seems like he has the same problem. Spent hours on this. help anyone?

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:27 pm

Hello,

These functions don't aim to save multi page tiff. Actually we do not support multipage tiff saving into memory. Only file output is supported. This will come in a future release. Probably in 9.1 or 9.2

Kind regards,

Loïc.

ahmad1987

Post by ahmad1987 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks for your reply, but why also saveAsTiff is not saving a multipage file?

SamiKharma

Post by SamiKharma » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi Ahmad,

You are using the wrong function, SaveAsTiff saves only one tiff image, for multipage tiff we have many functions that are referenced in the documentation and in many of our demos:
https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpicture/v9/html/con ... ation.html

To see examples on how to use them, open the Tiff Splitter Demo and you will see detailed cases of using them.

Best Regards,
Sami

JensN

Post by JensN » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:47 pm

Is the mentioned "multipage tiff saving into memory" feature already implemented?
This feature is very important for us too.
So we could skip the extra step to save the content to a temporary file an read it in back again via File.ReadAllBytes().

BTW: The latest documentation says that GdPictureImaging.SaveAsByteArray() supports "Single page and editable multipage tiff images"?!

Thanks in Advance and
Kind Regards,
Jens

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:41 pm

Hello,
Is the mentioned "multipage tiff saving into memory" feature already implemented?
It is partially implemented in 9.2. Basically it is possible to save multipage created from scratch to stream or byte array. The next upcoming 9.3 will overpass this limitation and should be published on 29th October.

Kind regards,

Loïc

JensN

Post by JensN » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Perfect!

Kind regards,
Jens