SaveAnnotationstoPage() and BurnAnnotationsToPage() Question

Discussions about annotation support.
hardikv

SaveAnnotationstoPage() and BurnAnnotationsToPage() Question

Post by hardikv » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi,

i have some problem on the usage of below methods. i don't know what is the use of these methods. can anyone please describe more detail with example of both methods.

SaveAnnotationstoPage()
BurnAnnotationsToPage()

I have read GDPicture help file also but there is no any detail explaination of both methods.

Thanks

SamiKharma

Re: SaveAnnotationstoPage() and BurnAnnotationsToPage() Ques

Post by SamiKharma » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:15 am

Hi,

Saving annotations to a page means that when you reopen that page, the annotation will still be there and you can manipulate it and change it.
Burning the annotations means that it will be "written" on top of that page, and the next time you open it, it will be a part of the image (the actual pixel data), and you will not be able to manipulate it but only see it since it is a part of the image.

I hope this helps clarify it for you.

Best Regards,
Sami

hardikv

Post by hardikv » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:18 am

SamiKharma wrote:Hi,

Saving annotations to a page means that when you reopen that page, the annotation will still be there and you can manipulate it and change it.
Burning the annotations means that it will be "written" on top of that page, and the next time you open it, it will be a part of the image (the actual pixel data), and you will not be able to manipulate it but only see it since it is a part of the image.

I hope this helps clarify it for you.

Best Regards,
Sami

Hi Sami,

Thanks you very much for your response.

i am not understand very well about both methods. if you have any example with code (c#) then please give it to me.
i will check and it will helpful to me to better understand.

Thanks
Hardik

SamiKharma

Post by SamiKharma » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi,

The Burning function is used in our Annotations demo (available in both c# and vb.NET).

As for the Saving Annotations to Page, it is actually used internally in multipage files. If you load a multipage file to the viewer, add an annotation to page 1, then you click next page to view page 2, the function is called, so that if you want to view the page 1 again, the annotation is still there.

If after viewing the Annotations demo you still need explanations, please make a submission to the code requests section of this forum.

Best Regards,
Sami