Twain Acquisition and TiffCompression.TiffCompressionJPEG

Discussions about TWAIN & WIA scanning in GdPicture.NET using GdPictureImaging.
sulfaroj

Twain Acquisition and TiffCompression.TiffCompressionJPEG

Post by sulfaroj » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:22 am

Hi,

I am capturing images at 300DPI 24 Bit Colour on a Kodak i1320 scanner. I would like to capture them as a multipage TIFF with JPEG compression. If I use the following line:

oGdPictureImaging.TiffSaveAsMultiPageFile(temporaryImageID, CurrentFile, TiffCompression.TiffCompressionJPEG);

The memory of the application rises until the computer runs out of memory and can no longer scan pages, reporting an out of memory error.

If I use:

oGdPictureImaging.TiffSaveAsMultiPageFile(temporaryImageID, CurrentFile, TiffCompression.TiffCompressionAUTO);

The image is compressed as TIFF with LZW and the image size is very large. 500+ pages = 2GB+, If the file completes correctly it does not display in GDVIEWER, however it will load in IRFANVIEW. 2GB is not a good size to deal with and JPEG is much smaller.

I have used your twain scanning samples and I only changed the compression type, the same issue is experienced with memory increasing using JPEG and if I use LZW and try and open in the document viewer sample it does not load.

Can you please explain the issue with TIFF with JPEG as this is my preferred method?

sulfaroj

Re: Twain Acquisition and TiffCompression.TiffCompressionJPE

Post by sulfaroj » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 pm

I have run many tests on 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7 and as soon as the TIFF with LZW has for instance 460 pages, the file is not saved correctly and can't be reloaded using my Kodak i1320 scanner. This is a big issue as I need to be able to compile large multipage colour images. In the past using other toolkits this was done with JPEG compression, however the increasing memory is making this impossible as well.

I am also experiencing issue with ticketing support.