Detect Changes to Document

Discussions about document viewing.
cprben

Detect Changes to Document

Post by cprben » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:18 pm

I am evaluating GdPicture.Net 9 and would like to know if there is a built-in mechanism for detecting document changes.

I am working with the ActiveX/COM controls in Visual Foxpro 9 and have set up a viewer to work as follows:

1. Document is loaded using GdPictureImaging/GdPicturePDF depending on document type
2. GdViewer loads document from GdPictureImaging
3. ThumbnailEx and AnnotationEditor controls work with GdViewer

Image controls include zoom, rotate (180/90CW/90CCW), annotation highlight/text/arrow/line, page splitting, print and save.

Saving is done using the GdViewer methods and Multi-Page TIFF splitting is using GdPictureImaging.

Do I need to track changes to the document by binding to all of the events that could be raised through editing activity, or is there a built in way to determine whether the document has been changed?

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Detect Changes to Document

Post by Loïc » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:20 am

Hello,
Do I need to track changes to the document by binding to all of the events that could be raised through editing activity, or is there a built in way to determine whether the document has been changed?
Hum... Definitively you need to track changes from your side. This should be the faster approach.

Kind regards,

Loïc