How to effectively release unused GDPicture in memory

General discussions about GdPicture.NET.
SquallLTT

How to effectively release unused GDPicture in memory

Post by SquallLTT » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:24 am

Hi,

Currently I have an application that display all the pictures and pdf in a selected folder. Everytime I click on a thumbnail (ThumbnailEx) of an image/pdf, that selected image/pdf will be display in a GdViewer, and I use:

ReleaseGdPictureImage(gdPicId)

to release the previous GdPicture. However the next time I create a new GdPicture, its ID keep increasing. And if I don't close the program I keep open a few other folders with lots of image, the thumbnail would not be able to display, neither the GdViewer. Its seem like there is memory leak here.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Terry

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: How to effectively release unused GDPicture in memory

Post by Loïc » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:48 am

Hello Terry,

The only things you have to take care is to release all images you have opened with GdPicture. This must be done by using the ReleaseGdPictureImage() method.

If you encounter a memory leak I can suggest you to check that you are using our latest version. If the problem persists, we will be able to help if you provide a small standalone application that reproduces the problem. Such app can be shared with our team through https://www.gdpicture.com/support/getting-support-from-our-team

Kind regards,

Loïc

SquallLTT

Post by SquallLTT » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi Loïc,

Thank you for your prompt reply and suggestion.
May I ask another question, is there any way to reset the GdPicture ID? Since I notice that ID number keep increasing everytime I create a new GdPicture, is that normal?

Oh, and another question, seem like my account was auto deleted. I have registered before with the same username, but today I figure out that I can't login and I needed to register again :)

Cheers,
Terry

Cedric

Post by Cedric » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:47 pm

SquallLTT wrote: Oh, and another question, seem like my account was auto deleted. I have registered before with the same username, but today I figure out that I can't login and I needed to register again :)
Hello Terry,

Sorry about that, we had a serious spam problem and some information was lost during the cleanup. The good news is we don't have spam anymore :wink:

Cheers,
Cedric