Can you create PDF documents with grids and tables?

Discussions about PDF management.
dan276

Can you create PDF documents with grids and tables?

Post by dan276 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm currently using your partner Syncfusion to create PDF documents, but can I or are you planning to be able to create pdf documents with text and tables with gridlines and stuff? I didn't really see anything like that in your sample projects.

Cedric

Re: Can you create PDF documents with grids and tables?

Post by Cedric » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Those features are available through our Full managed PDF plugin. It gives access to methods like these ones : https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpicture/v9/html/con ... awing.html

dan276

Re: Can you create PDF documents with grids and tables?

Post by dan276 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:14 am

There are some things that I can't figure out how to do to make my reports, that I'm currently do with your partner syncfusion.

1. I don't see where I can create a grid so I can add columns and rows to put stuff in. I can work around this setting height and width though, but it would be nice to have.
2. I can do drawtextbox and create a boundry for my text, but if I'm setting my text dynamically it can go over and get cut off, even if it is multi-line. I would like to say that my text has a width of say 100 and can have unlimited height.
3. If I do have variable height, after the drawing I would like to know what the actual height is so I can adjust the next drawings. Syncfusion will have a return of layoutResult after a drawing to tell me what page I'm on and the next x and y position.
4. I guess I could do this calculating the x and y, but if I put items in a grid, it would be nice if it automatically moved be to the next page and returned that in the result. I guess if there are no grids, this is not possible.

I might be missing something, but it doesn't seem possible to create dynamic sized reports with this