Scrolling in multipage PDF

Discussions about PDF management.
betaTrial

Scrolling in multipage PDF

Post by betaTrial » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Currently evaluating the GdPicture components, looks fine so far, we found an issue about scrolling through a multipage PDF in a natural way (that is: how the user would expect it).

The default behaviour when using the mouse wheel for scrolling seems to be:
scrollbar tracks down to the bottom until end of page, then a page break happens, then scrollbar position is again on top. It means that the feedback of the scrollbar is like being reduced to only one page, even if the PDF has many pages.

Which settings would I have to make, to get what the user would expect (position of scrollbar marker relative to the whole multipage document, not only to the first page)?

*is* there a group of settings or would I have to code my own viewer form, using a custom scrollbar fed by information from .getPageCount() ??
How would I trap the mousewheel events in this case?

thanks,
André

pdftest

Re: Scrolling in multipage PDF

Post by pdftest » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:19 pm

We are also evaluating the Document Viewer for PDF and we have the same questions.

betaTrial

Post by betaTrial » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:05 am

FWIW I can answer on behalf of GDPicture: They told me that this feature is not implemented and not going to be implemented in the foreseeable future.
I had to create my own custom container to have the requested functionality.

pdftest

Post by pdftest » Tue May 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Thanks for the info and I had to create also my own scroll bar to support this functionality.

fecaleagle

Post by fecaleagle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:00 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anybody had a code sample to implement custom a custom scrollbar on a multipage pdf. We are loving the results so far with gdpicture, but the lack of multi-page scrollbars has been less than ideal in our initial testing.

Thanks!