Troube using TiffExtractPage() in version 10

Discussions about image processing and document imaging.
bibbyusr

Troube using TiffExtractPage() in version 10

Post by bibbyusr » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:22 pm

The TiffExtractPage() method appears to be exactly what I need, but for some reason it doesn't appear to do anything and I can't find any examples of how it should be used.
Basically I am opening a multipage tiff and loading the thumbnail control with the pages. I then want to be able to tick certain pages on the thumbnail and save off those selected pages to a new multipage tiff file.
At the moment I am getting a return of 12 (which I believe means Access Denied) but as I've created the folders with open rights i'm not sure what i'm getting that message for?!? Is it the file or the folder that is access denied. Could it be my syntax that is causing it??
Are there any examples of using this method for the active x version of the Imaging, Viewer and Thumbnail controls on a .net html page?

I'd be grateful for any help with this issue.

Cedric

Re: Troube using TiffExtractPage() in version 10

Post by Cedric » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Hello

Access denied (error code 12) is usually the result when you try to save a opened file over itself (which obviously cannot happen).
We provide a rather complete HTML ActiveX but it does not show the TiffExtractPage() method usage in particular, which is not really different from any other method by the way.
Anyway there is no way for us to help you without having access to your source code in order to understand what you are doing, you should open a technical support ticket and provide the needed materials for us to help you further.

Cheers