Drag n Drop Specific Area of the Image

Example requests & Code samples for GdPicture Toolkits.
anindyat

Drag n Drop Specific Area of the Image

Post by anindyat » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:48 am

I have a need to allow my application user to select a rectangular area on an image or PDF and then allow to drag that selected area of the image from the preview pane to a different bucket (for example - drag the photo of the driver’s license image to a photo bucket, signature area to a signature bucket, address area to an address proof bucket etc)
Then using OCR extract the information.

All these things are needed in a .Net WPF application written in C#.

I am a new user - please help me decide - where to start - which library, sample code for a similar app. Or is there any .Net WPF control that does similar functionality?

SamiKharma

Re: Drag n Drop Specific Area of the Image

Post by SamiKharma » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:57 pm

Hi,

You can easily achieve that using GdPicture. For Buckets (if I understand you correctly), you need rectangular coordinates that correspond to areas on the image selected by on the viewer.

You can select any rectangle on the GdViewer via a mouse by setting the MouseMode to ViewerMouseMode.MouseModeAreaSelection.
Then you can those coordinates via calling the GdViewer.GetRectCoordinatesOnDocument method which will return the exact location you need.
All you have to do is implement your own drag and drop to you buckets objects then.
As for the type of toolkit you require, there are many possibilities but it will be hard to answer without knowing your exact needs, what I suggest is that you have a look at:
https://www.gdpicture.com/comparison/dot ... matrix.php
and
https://www.gdpicture.com/order/product-selector/

And if you have any questions regarding that, please create a ticket to our sales support on the support platform: support.gdpicture.com

Best,
Sami