Embed native PDF annotations

Discussions about annotation support.
ssaunders

Embed native PDF annotations

Post by ssaunders » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:02 pm

Has there been any progress on embedding native PDF annotations as opposed to having to use XMP? I have a multiple customers who need the ability to add annotations to PDF files, but they need those annotations to be viewed in Adobe Reader because they send the PDF files to many people. They also want the ability to include/exclude the annotations from display as well as when printing. I know this has been on the to-do list for a while, but need to get an idea of when it might be completed. Thank you.

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Embed native PDF annotations

Post by Loïc » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:30 am

Hi,

We've just terminated (today) to implement this feature in the current v11 Beta release.
The V11 will be available on 1rst Jan 2015 (or sooner if we reach the v11 roadmap before this deadline). A Beta including this feature should be published within a couple of weeks.

Kind regards,

Loïc

ssaunders

Re: Embed native PDF annotations

Post by ssaunders » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi Loïc,

Thank you very much for the fast reply! I have a project that requires this functionality, but it has to be done very soon or I lose it. I sent a ticket requesting v11 Beta, but how will I know when this feature is available? I appreciate your help!

Scott