Insert pages into multipage tiff (Jpeg/group4)

Discussions about image processing and document imaging.
mattewan

Insert pages into multipage tiff (Jpeg/group4)

Post by mattewan » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:25 pm

Hello,

I currently have a problem using GDPicture11

I need to insert black and white images, as well as colour images, into an existing Tiff document. I need to save Colour images as jpeg, Black&White images as CCITTG4. I have read posts here that say it's possible by using the "sequential tiff writing method" but that implementation is ridiculously limited.

Using sequential tiff writing, you can only append to a tiff document. I need to insert pages into random locations within the tiff file. How can I accomplish this?

Surely if I have a tiff document with 200 pages, and I want to insert one file at page 160, I don't have to make a new tiff document using sequential writing, insert the first 160 pages, then the 1 extra page, then the other 40 images?

Why can't we have a tiff save function that allows the black&white and colour compressions to be specified? I have purchased three versions of gdpicture and this was promised to be implemented shortly back in version 6.

mattewan

Re: Insert pages into multipage tiff (Jpeg/group4)

Post by mattewan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:22 am

Any news on this?

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Insert pages into multipage tiff (Jpeg/group4)

Post by Loïc » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:23 pm

Hello,

To insert a page you have to create a new document then add pages sequentially from other document(s).

About your remark:
I have purchased three versions of gdpicture and this was promised to be implemented shortly back in version 6.
This feature has been implemented from some years now. You just have to specify the compression scheme to use when you add the page.

You will find a code snippet illustrating my 2 suggestions into the documentation. See: https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpicture/web ... nt32).html

I hope this helps!

With best regards,

Loïc