Deskew Abilities

Discussions about TWAIN & WIA scanning in GdPicture.NET using GdPictureImaging.
jaswicki

Deskew Abilities

Post by jaswicki » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:42 pm

I am wondering what the abilities of the TwainSetAutomaticDeskew(True) function is. Does it do a slight straightening of the image or can it correct a skew of a few degrees? I am using an HP OfficeJet 6310 All-In-One device. I used the code below to ensure that deskewing is available and stepped through the code in debug mode to be sure it enabled deskew and it did.
The reason I am asking is because I can't tell the difference on sheet I am feeding with a small skew but on one where it is skewed more noticably I don't see any difference. Are there limitations to what file type, bit depth, etc that work best with deskewing?

Code: Select all

If Imaging1.TwainIsAutomaticDeskewAvailable() Then
            Imaging1.TwainSetAutomaticDeskew(True)
        End If

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Deskew Abilities

Post by Loïc » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:56 pm

Hi,

The TwainSetAutomaticDeskew() method controls the ICAP_AUTOMATICDESKEW capability of your twain device (automatic skew correction of the aquired image).

The behaviour of this capability are fully controled by the device your are using. It can be different from a device model to another.
Maybe you will be able to get more informations about this feature within the manual of your device ?

Else, I suggest you to check the returned value of the TwainSetAutomaticDeskew() method to ensure it worked.

Best regards,

Loïc Carrère