Continuous feed option?

Discussions about TWAIN & WIA scanning in GdPicture.NET using GdPictureImaging.
reynolds

Continuous feed option?

Post by reynolds » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:36 am

I ran some program (Kofax VRS I think) that would continuously try and grab anything you stick into the scanner. I have a lot of trouble with this Fujitsu fi-5120 not recognizing that there is anything in the feeder tray. I end up having to continuously click the mouse on the retry button with one hand while continuously trying to jam the paper into the feeder with the other hand. It is not user friendly at all. If I could reproduce the Kofax program's behavior where it continuously tries to grab without ever throwing up a retry or abort dialog, that would be 1000% times nicer.

Does this capability exist in GdTwain?

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Continuous feed option?

Post by Loïc » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi,

Did you tried to set the AutoScan & AutoFeed mode to ON ?

Code: Select all

Twain1.TwainSetAutoScan(True)
Twain1.TwainSetAutoFeed (True)
Else:

1) Check you are using the last edition of GdTwain
2) Check you are using the last TWAIN driver of the Fujitsu fi-5120 driver.
3) You can try to negociate with your device to transfer all the image like that:

Twain1.TwainSetXferCount(-1)

Best regards,

Loïc Carrère

reynolds

Post by reynolds » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 pm

I already have Twain1.TwainSetAutoScan(True) and Twain1.TwainSetAutoFeed (True) set. Twain1.TwainSetXferCount(-1) causes a major blowup that I can't seem to catch with exception handling. Outside the debugger it brings up the Send Error Report dialog, but inside the debugger TwainSetXferCount(-1) causes a FatalExecutionEngineError:

"The runtime has encountered a fatal error. The address of the error was at 0x79f82746, on thread 0xf18. The error code is 0xc0000005. This error may be a bug in the CLR or in the unsafe or non-verifiable portions of user code. Common sources of this bug include user marshaling errors for COM-interop or PInvoke, which may corrupt the stack."

reynolds

Post by reynolds » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:07 pm

Also TwainSetAutoScan and TwainSetAutoFeed return true, as does TwainIsAutoFeedOn.

reynolds

Post by reynolds » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:00 pm

Well, I can do this:
Dim type As GdTwainPro.TwainItemTypes = twain1.TwainGetCapItemType(GdTwainPro.TwainCapabilities.CAP_XFERCOUNT)
twain1.TwainSetCapCurrentNumeric(GdTwainPro.TwainCapabilities.CAP_XFERCOUNT, type, -1)

TwainGetCapCurrentNumeric verifies that the value is set to -1 (actually 4294967295). However, this doesn't produce any change in behavior that I can see.

Is there a way to surpress the Retry Abort dialog? I'm already hiding the UI, but that doesn't seem to effect this.

reynolds

Post by reynolds » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:00 pm

Nothing surpresses the Abort Retry dialog that you have suggested so far. Can your driver do this?

reynolds

Post by reynolds » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:21 pm

I take it that the "Twain Specifications Version 1.9a" thread was for me? Thank you very much! I found another property from your docs: CAP_FEEDERLOADED.

That tells me if the feeder is loaded BEFORE I call the acquire function so that I can avoid the abort retry message box.

reynolds

Post by reynolds » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:22 am

OK, now I'm having to load multiple pages for the first time, and even though I set the CAP_XFERCOUNT to -1 and 200, it only scans in three pages. How do you scan multiple pages?

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi,
Nothing surpresses the Abort Retry dialog that you have suggested so far. Can your driver do this ?
Hi, this message box come from your TWAIN driver. GdTwain is not a TWAIN driver, it is a SDK which make bridge between your TWAIN driver and the TWAIN DSM (see twain specs...)
You can try to avoid it using this code but Iam not sure it will work:

oTwain.TwainSetHideUI(True)
oTwain.TwainSetIndicators(False)

OK, now I'm having to load multiple pages for the first time, and even though I set the CAP_XFERCOUNT to -1 and 200, it only scans in three pages. How do you scan multiple pages?
You have a sample here:

https://www.gdpicture.com/samples/gdtwai ... basic.html

Best regards,

Loïc

Slava

Post by Slava » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi Loic,

Has anything been changed about TWAIN continious scanning in the version 5.1.8 of GdPicture Pro? (dont know what the related twain version is)
Because it seems to be really continious now, when my HP scanjet 5590 is finished scanning with ADF it just goes on with scanning white space in the Flatbed until someone presses stop scan on the driver progress window. Using other driver for the same scanner, it continues to ask me to select ADF or Flatbad etc. And the scan goes again.

If i press cancel, it stops but every time i get 2 warnings from GDTWAIN:
DAT_USERINTERFACE: Fail to enable source
RC: TWRC_SUCCESS
CC: TWCC_SUCCESS
State 4
and
Can't access to Data Source
RC: TWRC_SUCCESS
CC: TWCC_SUCCESS
State 4
What can i do about continious scanning? changing:

oGdPicture.TwainSetAutoScan(False);
has no effect...
And how can i get rid of these GDTWAIN warnings, any way to get it to SILENT MODE like the GdViewer?

Slava

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:15 pm

Hi Slava,

Please show me the code you are using to scan from the ADF.
If i press cancel, it stops but every time i get 2 warnings from GDTWAIN:
Could you add this line of code: ImagingObject.TwainSetDebugMode(True) and give me all the messagebox you can view after you pressed the cancel button ?

Best regards,

Loïc Carrère

laiwong

Post by laiwong » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:06 am

Hi Loic,

Have any idea for this problem? Because I have the same issue.

Thanks,
Lai

Slava

Post by Slava » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Loic,

I can only provide you with the information on this saturday. Unfortunately i wont have access to my delphi project until then.

Kind regards,
Slava

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi all,

1- Please download & use the last beta gdtwain.dll edition from here: https://www.gdpicture.com/ressources/betas/

2 - Give me the code you are using and describe clearly what is the problem(If you can, precise the line of code which raise the bad behaviour).

3 - Give me the content of the generated c:\gdtwain.log file. (this file is only generated with the beta release).

Thanks in advance !

Best regards,

Loïc Carrère

Slava

Post by Slava » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi Loic,

I have seen that GdPicture was updated since my last post from 5.1.8 to 5.1.10. The twain behaviour is changed. Continious scanning problem is gone, but there is another issue. I have placed a new topic named Strange behaviour with ADF.

With other driver called 'hp Scanjet Scanner' that was standard installed with my HP ScanJet 5590, gdtwain can only scan from flatbed and still prompts to select input after each scan to begin the new one. However i believe this driver is not 100% twain compatible because the first driver (that was also standard installed) is called 'hp scanjet 5590 TWAIN' and the driver i am currently talking about: 'hp Scanjet Scanner'. The reason i'm saying this is that earlier I used this driver perfectly using gdpicture, with ADF and no warnings...

Thanks,
Slava