Random triangles on PDF

Discussions about PDF management.
stammd

Random triangles on PDF

Post by stammd » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:47 pm

I have downloaded a tax form from the IRS website. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1065.pdf

If I open this with the GdPicture sample OCR project I get black triangles randomly on the screen. Has anyone seen this before? Is this a function of the raw PDF or is this something to do with GdPicture? Is there any way to remove these triangles? This triangle pattern repeats on other tax returns from the IRS website. I'm not sure "who" is putting them there, IRS or GdPicture.

Can someone test this and see if they get the same result?

Cedric

Re: Random triangles on PDF

Post by Cedric » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:56 pm

I tried the file behind the link you provided and I don't seem to have the described behavior.
We have fixed a similar issue in a recent release, could you please update to the latest and confirm if the issue still persists?

stammd

Post by stammd » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:42 am

Cedric I have downloaded 12.0.44 and tried toe OCR example project and the problem is gone. I will deploy to my server and continue testing in my application, but so far so good. Do you have a root cause for the triangle issue?

David

Cedric

Post by Cedric » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:09 am

I don't have the details but it is about an undetected regression in the PDF parser. All I know is that it has been fixed the same day it has been discovered and a new release has been published almost immediately.