Render & Display DocX with OpennXML

Discussions about Office OpenXML & Open Document formats support.
Sephir

Render & Display DocX with OpennXML

Post by Sephir » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi GDPicture Team,

i searched now for a while in the Forum, but either I missed it or it there [yet] ;)

Im using GDPicture 12.0.58 Ultimate SDK and im wondering how the docx-rendering is working ? Unfortunately, i cant find any examples. In Your comparison Matrix it only available in "Ultimate". Now, I wonder if there's any example how to use it ? Is it "only" loading into the GDViewer ?

In my case im trying to load a docx-File from the harddisk and convert it into tiff for further processing. Right now, this is not possible, right ? (I found an similar Forumpost regarding converting into a PDF-file - that is not supported yet)

How is working with the docx meant ? I would be very thankful if you have an example to load/render or create a docx-file (C# .NET 4.52).
Kind regards,

Matthias Rieck / KGS Software

Cedric

Re: Render & Display DocX with OpennXML

Post by Cedric » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:13 pm

Hi Matthias

Indeed you're right, at the moment (i.e. in GdPicture.NET 12) the docx support is restricted to display through GdViewer only.
Docx format conversion will be possible in the next major release though (this is expected to be published around March).

That said there is a workaround that allows you to convert a docx to a tiff by simply opening it in GdViewer and export it using the (normally annotation-dedicated) method that is SaveDocumentToTIFF with something like this:

Code: Select all

GdViewer1.SaveDocumentToTIFF("output.tiff", TiffCompression.TiffCompressionAUTO);

Sephir

Post by Sephir » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi Cedric,

ah I understand. Thanks :) Sounds good!

So im looking forward the next release ;)
Regards

Matthias

Gabriela

Post by Gabriela » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:06 pm

Hello,

for the conversion of all supported formats, you can use the GdPictureDocumentConverter class now:
https://www.gdpicture.com/guides/gdpicture/web ... erter.html