Mouse Pan Tool

Example requests & Code samples for GdPicture Toolkits.
Raymeee

Mouse Pan Tool

Post by Raymeee » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:14 pm

Hi

The mouse pan tool allows the user to pan a document when the left mouse is pressed.

However moving the mouse left or right can at times cause the page to change. I suspect this is a desired behaviour.

Is there any way to disable this aspect of the behaviour. In other words I would like to be able to pan a pdf page, but NOT for the pan tool to cause page changes?

Thanks
Raymee

Gabriela

Re: Mouse Pan Tool

Post by Gabriela » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:51 am

Hi,

Could you please specify what do you mean by "page changes"? Which viewer (DocuVievare, GdViewer) are you using?

Raymeee

Post by Raymeee » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:44 am

Hi

Sorry - presumably the GDViewer as part of the GDpicture demo.

Page changes, lets say I have 3 pages. I go to page 2 and zoom in, lets say 200%. I can use the pan tool to move about in the zoomed page. However, on occasions (probably when near page edges) moving the pan tool (mouse left button pressed) to the left or right, or indeed up or down, will cause the page to change to page 1 or 3.

I do not want this, as it is easy to bring about the page change when really all I want to do is pan page 2.

thanks.

Gabriela

Post by Gabriela » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:04 pm

Hello,

Thank you for those details, they help me to understand your issue. For the PageDisplayMode.MultiplePagesView this is the expected behaviour. Unfortunately, for the PageDisplayMode.SinglePageView this should not occur. I have reported the issue to the development team so they can investigate further. I will keep you updated when I will have more details.

Raymeee

Post by Raymeee » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:46 pm

thank you

Gabriela

Post by Gabriela » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:26 am

Hi,

After further investigations, here is the designed behaviour for the ViewerMouseMode.MouseModePan. It strongly depends on the ContinuousViewMode property. If the continuous view is set to true, the pan tool will always change the page regardless of the PageDisplayMode property. If the continuous view is set to false, you can set PageDisplayMode to PageDisplayMode.SinglePageView and the pan tool will not change the page when panning.
Shortly said, the feature of continuous viewing is that with the pan tool you can always move towards pages continuously in multipage documents. If you want to zoom and pan only the current page, you should set the ContinuousViewMode property to false.
Kindly let us know if it helps.