Reading Barcode

Feature Requests for GdPicture.NET.
varcarme

Reading Barcode

Post by varcarme » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:38 am

Is it possible to read barcodes (code39 / code128 etc) from an image and if not is it something you have planned for the future?

Loïc
Site Admin

Re: Reading Barcode

Post by Loïc » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:06 am

Hi,

This feature is a bit hard to implement if we want to get good results.

However, we are making some research about barcode decoding.

Today, I can suggest you to have a look at the EymBarcodeReader library. I've made a lot of tests with excellent results: http://www.metois.com/Eymbarcode/

Best regards,

Loïc

varcarme

Post by varcarme » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks...I'll take a look at that and wait for developments.. :)

irab

Post by irab » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:33 pm

Hi Loic!

I'm using GDPicture Pro in a program developed with VB.NET 2005, and I have the following questions:

1. A new feature in GDPicture v5.8 is "TWAIN barcode detection". With this feature is it possible to recognize barcodes only during document scanning, using the scanner's TWAIN driver, or there's a solution to recognize barcodes in a previously scanned file?

2. If you can only recognize barcodes during scanning, when will GDPicture pro SDK be capable to recognize barcodes in previously scanned files (for example in PDF files, or pictures)?

3. I wanted to test the barcode-recognizing program, that you suggested, (EymBarcodeReader.ocx from http://www.metois.com), but I didn't find any means to get a licence the EymBarcodereader Control for the test. Can you help me with that?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
irab

Loïc
Site Admin

Post by Loïc » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:55 am

Hi,
1. A new feature in GDPicture v5.8 is "TWAIN barcode detection". With this feature is it possible to recognize barcodes only during document scanning, using the scanner's TWAIN driver, or there's a solution to recognize barcodes in a previously scanned file?
This feature currently uses the TWAIN driver of the scanner. This means that barcode can only be detected during scan process and if your scanner supports barcode reading.

2. If you can only recognize barcodes during scanning, when will GDPicture pro SDK be capable to recognize barcodes in previously scanned files (for example in PDF files, or pictures)?
Not yet. We are working on the implementation of 1D & 2D barcode detection. These plugins should be available within 3 months.

3: Please contact eric at: eric[AT]metois[DOT]com

Cheers,

Loïc