Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) is a Microsoft driver model and API that enables software to communicate with image acquisition devices such as scanners, digital cameras and Digital Video-equipment.
WIA is a good alternative to control non TWAIN-compliant device.
GdPicture.NET offers a battery of functions to control imaging devices through WIA model in native 32-bit or 64-bit mode with few lines of code & high level of stability.
- Acquisition device enumeration.
- Acquisition device selection.
- Support memory & file transfer modes.
- Duplex scanning support.
- Native 32-bit & 64-bit support.
- Single page & multi page acquisition support.
- Can use standard Windows acquisition wizard or fully customized dialogs.
- Device configuration: color intent, resolution, brightness, contrast, size…
- Determine device type.
- Acquire images to multiple formats, including PDF/A, PDF-OCR, encrypted PDF, Multi-page TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, JBIG2, GIF, PNG and EXR.
- Control automatic document feeder & flatbed.
- Uses to power of GdPicture.NET to make image processing, OCR, image upload and more…