Document Scanning SDK for Web Applications
DocuVieware includes a TWAIN scanning SDK to make scanning from a web browser easy.
Capture documents from a local TWAIN scanning device and process them in your web application in a few lines of code.
- API built on top of the best document imaging SDK of the market, taking benefit of more than 15 years of continuous research focused on innovation
- TWAIN acquisition via the dedicated scanning snap-in. 0 configuration required
- TWAIN acquisition via the dialog window triggered by a dedicated toolbar button
- high & low-level API sets to customize any acquisition process entirely
- communicate with 32-bit & 64-bit TWAIN devices
- sophisticated adaptive compression mechanism using state-of-the-art algorithms to reduce the size of produced documents while maximizing quality automatically
- tailored for high volume document scanning and maximizing the transfer rate
- support for any transfer mode of the TWAIN specification and automatically select the one producing the best user experience based on available system resources
- save scanned documents as PDF/A or TIFF images instantly
- advanced document clean-up such as auto-deskew, automatic page rotation, border removals, blank page detection, and more
- working flawlessly with all Windows browsers
- preview scanned pages with intuitive zooming, rotating & page reorganizing tools
- support for low bandwidth, including sophisticated fault-tolerance mechanisms
- support for unstable TWAIN drivers using 15+years of continuous device diagnosing
- go further by processing your document, applying OCR, read barcodes, and more
How to use
Acquisition from a TWAIN device is very easy and straightforward for users.
The very first time, DocuVieware will require the installation of a small software to connect to the TWAIN devices. This is a one-time step, once it has been installed it is silently started with Windows.
DocuVieware will then be able to trigger the device driver (32-bit or 64-bit) window so you can choose the acquisition settings you need.
Once the acquisition process is complete, you can manage your document as you wish thanks to the 3,000 functionalities offered by the SDK.
Scanned documents can be saved as a PDF/A to be compliant for long-term archiving, or as a multipage TIFF document.
Check our resources to set up DocuVieware and deploy it on your servers.
ASP.NET Web Forms – ASP.NET MVC Razor – ASP.NET Core