First Edition of the PDF Day France: That’s a Wrap!
The first Edition of the PDF Day France took place in Toulouse on April 4th. Speakers from all over the world came to speak – en français – about various aspects of PDF technology.
Au programme, we had:
- Elodie Tellier, COO and Communication Manager (ORPALIS)
PDF ISO standards and the PDF Association
- Lionel Dejean, DMS architect, Airbus S.A.S., and Saïd Elmorabiti, SEAL Systems
Enterprise M2M PDF(/A) conversion & checking ecosystem @Airbus – Supported by SEAL Systems Solutions
- Dany Amiouny, IT Director, Amyuni Technologies SARL
Production of well-structured PDFs to facilitate processing and integration into document management processes
- Bernard Hauzeur, Ingénieur TIC, PDF Tools AG
Manage the quality of documents from capture to archiving
- Loïc Carrère, CEO and CTO (ORPALIS)
Optimization of existing PDF files: issues, constraints, and methods
- Gert Michiels, Product Manager, Foxit Europe GmbH
“Enterprise PDF Rendition” – What is this? And more importantly, what does it bring me?
- David van Driessche, Chief Technology Officer, Four Pees, Executive Director, Ghent Workgroup
An introduction to accessible PDF documents and the PDF/UA standard
- Patrick Gallot, Application Support Engineer, Developer Support, Datalogics, Inc.
A dive into PDF optimization
What we learned at the PDF Day France
- There are numerous ISO standards for PDF
Everyone knows about PDF and PDF/A. however, there are some other standards that cover specific domains: printing and prepress with PDF/X and PDF/VT, engineering with PDF/E, and there is even an ISO for making PDFs accessible to people with disabilities (PDF/UA).
- Accessible PDF is on the rise, administrations, companies, and contractors need to get ready.
You make a PDF accessible by tagging it correctly so it can be read by assistive technologies.