GdPicture.NET 9.3 has been released with more than 50 new features!
We’re a bit late for that but we hope that you spent a terrific Halloween!
We have some new things for you today:
- GdPicture.NET version 9.3 has been released including custom annotation support, interactive PDF features support, PDF form field editing support, new bitonal filters and more than 50 other features;
- Licensing modifications concerning GdPicture.NET Document Viewer SDK and the GdPicture.NET TWAIN Editions;
- A new tool to select the GdPicture products configuration you need, aka the Product Selector.
- Features to customize the PDF bookmark control appearance added.
- Barcode detection (1D & 2D) improved on fax and high resolution images.
- GdPictureImaging: SaveAsIStream, SaveAsStream, SaveAsByteArray & SaveAsString now fully support multipage tiff creation and JPEG 2000, targa, exr, wbmp, xpm and PBM format.
- Memory usage of the bitonal image filters reduced.
- Spaces detection accuracy in the OCR engine improved.
- Improvements of the generated PDF/OCR quality.
- PDF files linking support for creating and for viewing purpose added.
- Interactive PDF features support: Actions, document-level navigation and more…
- Printing support improved when autofit and automaticRotation options are simultaneously activated.
- Custom annotation support added.
- Support for form fields creation and edition added.
- 3 new bitonal image filters(Erode, ErodeV & Dilate) added.
- PDF rasterizer improved (memory usage reduced and compatibility with some malformed objects increased).
- Improvements on the FTP & HTTP transfer support.
- PDF text extraction and search improved.
- Latest reported bugs fixed, new samples provided in the package, documentation enhancements.
- Improvement of the mouse position’s zoom mode.
- Memory usage improvement, especially for huge bitmap embedded in PDF documents.
The full change log is available on our forum in this post.
We remind you that you can upgrade to GdPicture.NET 9.3 from any previous version at any time.
The lastest version of GdPicture.NET is available on the download page of the GdPicture website.
The upgrade from GdPicture.NET v9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 to 9.3 is free.
If you own a GdPicture.NET v7 or v8 license, you can directly order the upgrade to v9.3 . For any other upgrade case you can contact our team to get a commercial offer via our Quick Contact Form .
To make the choice between our different products easier for you, we did the following changes in our GdPicture.NET Editions:
- the PDF bookmark navigation control is now included in the GdPicture.NET Document Viewer SDK Edition.
- GdPicture.NET TWAIN and TWAIN Pro Editions merged to a single TWAIN Edition. The new GdPicture.NET TWAIN Edition includes all features of the previous TWAIN and TWAIN Pro Editions.
You can see these changes in our Comparison Matrix.
In addition to our Comparison Matrix we created a Product Selector The Product Selector helps you determine the toolkits that match your needs.
In other words with the Product Selector you get the right configuration (the GdPicture.NET Edition and the Plugin(s) you need) and the right price in a few clicks!
That’s all for now!
The GdPicture Team